Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nickel Creek Concert

Last night I joined Tracy and Jane, a friend, at the Nickel Creek concert in town. Tracy really likes Nickel Creek, and I think they're pretty good, so I was looking forward to it. The concert was a bit too much repitition and bluegrass jam for my tastes, but certainly worth the investment.

What really blew me away though, was the opening act -- The Ditty Bops. I didn't realize it until the final song, but I had heard them recently on A Prairie Home Companion. They are really good musicians, and put on a heckuva show. Whether it was genuine or an act of artifice, they really made it feel like everyone in the club was having a great time -- like we were all on the inside of an inside joke. Anyhow, I bought their CD off of itunes first thing this morning. See them if you get a chance.


The Ditty Bops: an example of a poor application of the cameraphone. From our seat in the balcony, I knew that they were witty and talented. Apparently, according to their website, had I been closer on the floor, I would have found them to be cute, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google