Saturday, October 15, 2005

Okay, so here's the deal

I woke up this morning to an ad saying that Alton Brown would be at the Nebraska Furniture Mart today. So, after a breakfast with Pete and Linda and a quick city3.org meeting, I headed out there.

It was quite crowded, and it looked like I could wait in line for a couple od hours to get him to sign something. Thinking that was probably a poor use of my time, I went upstairs and watched him from the balcony. He's the blur in blue. I saw enough of him to see that he was being extremely gracius to peole who had waited a long time to see him it's not surprising, but it's good to see.

Anyhow, I decided that if I'm not standing in line, I should do something better than just going home to veg out. So, I am making my annual fall tour through highway 24 apple country. The sunroof is out and windows are down. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google