Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Dave and Buster's Shakedown Cruise

Tracy and I received an invitation to the VIP night for the new Dave and Buster's by the speedway in Kansas City, KS. We're not sure how we got on the list, but we love the D&B's, and were glad to go. Tracy's (and my) good friend Michelle also had an invite, and the three of us had a great time. Dave and Buster's is rather like an adult Chuck E. Cheese. Pretty good food, a bar, and LOTS of video games, modern and classic, as well as midway-type games like skeeball.

We had a great time. We were primarily impressed at the smooth crowd flow. They kept people, food and drink moving with remarkable ease. Plus, everyone we encountered was extremely pleasant.

As the evening ended, and I stood in a small room teeming with strangers, multicolored tzotchke and the other two members of my party determining investment strategies for their skeeball tickets, I had a brief exchange with an apron-clad fellow who said he had been shuffled into the room to help people, but he wasn't sure what to do, or how to help anyone when it was too crowded to move:

Me: You guys have really done a great job tonight.
ACF: Yeah, but there are still a lot of kinks to work out. A LOT.
[I spot my wife.]
Me: Tracy, I'm going to go wait outside.
ACF: Can I wait outside too? Please?

I'm sure the guy was right, and there's still a lot to be cleaned up before the place is hitting on all cylinders. But, I had as good a time last night as I've had at any D and B's that's been open for a while. I would have recommended it anyhow, but last night's experience do nothing but reinforce that.

Pictures:

People.

Tracy concentrates on her Plinko skills.


Adam rescues Michelle's errant tokens.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google