Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ten Things of Interest to Me

Top 10 Things (numbers in parentheses are yesterday’s ranking)

1. (2) UNNAMED CHURCH PROJECT – I made some calls yesterday. I need to make many more today.

2. (1) MY LACK OF A JOB – Tracy and I talked a little bit about this yesterday, and I feel better about it today. We won’t die if (when) I’m unemployed on Tuesday.

3. (na) FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS – Boy, howdy, this is a good show. I rarely watch reruns, but NBC showed three of them last night. I watched them and DVR’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s. There is a scene in one of the episodes where a girl is being picked on by her peers because she cheated on her boyfriend, who is paralyzed. Her father (a gruff good old boy) goes to her, she explains what happened, and he says “We all make mistakes, and then we learn. But I’m your dad, and I love you no matter what.” I don’t know how many stereotypical fathers would really have said that, but watching that scene makes me hope and believe that each of them might. Just like Jed Bartlett made me hope for and believe in a great government to run our great nation. “Studio 60” was supposed to be the heir apparent to “West Wing,” but FNL is the real deal.

4. (4) SELLING THE HOUSE – I spent a LOT of time in the shower this morning thinking about what has to happen to the house to make it marketable.

5. (na) TRIVIAL PURSUIT TOTALLY 80’S EDITION – Tracy gave me this for Christmas and we played it for the first time last night. I think part of her goal was to find a trivia-based game where she could beat more frequently. She may have achieved her goal. We quit tied, before the game actually ended. The gameplay is that same as the traditional Trivial Pursuit, except that I wind up singing a lot of hair band music.

6. (na) POLENTA – I made the game bird last night, and it was fine, but I don’t need to do it again. However, I mixed up my polenta preparation and was very pleased with the results. I did it traditionally, on the stovetop, as opposed to in the oven (per Alton Brown’s recipe) and was very pleased with the different texture. I also added Cheddar instead of Parmesan and I really like the flavor and color.

7. (3) MOVING – I am still stuck in unpacking from the last move. Blech.

8. (10) MY GENERAL HEALTH – There was more coughing this morning.

9. (na) JANE – Our friend Crazy Jane is coming over to the house this afternoon (which I found out at about 1:30 this morning) and it is a mess. She won’t mind, but I feel bad.

10. (5) DINNER – We are going to a party tonight, and I don’t know if we should eat first.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see you posting again. I love you.

P.S. I think we should eat before the party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google