Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A New Post, at Tracy's Request.

Random thoughts:

1) Lost was good tonight. I found myself smiling, reminded of the joy that even the massest of mass entertainment can provide when done well.

2) Head of State is going to be on broadcast television. That may, in fact, be the antithesis of my prior point.

3) I had dinner at Outback Steakhouse tonight. I have mixed emotions about that place. I really like their food. I think they do it well. Tonight I had an excellent salad with a flavor combination I'd never had before. But I hate the Australia paradigm. It really distracts me from a nice meal. I wish it was just called the O.S. and didn't have boomerang graphics on the plates.

4) I have a new job for which I have to travel quite a bit. It's a good position with a firm, and I get to drive a car on their dime. That's not so much something on my mind as necessary information for no. 5.

5) I am in Cape Girardeau tonight, and I am reminded of how different river towns are from farm towns, and how different Mississippi River towns are from Missouri River towns. I need to think about that more.

6) I am staying in a Drury Inn. I've started to stay in them quite a bit, and I'm starting to think pretty highly of them. Today, I checked in two hours early, did a whole afternoon of work on their internet connection, and will do more tomorrow before check-out. The staff is always friendly, you can always get free sodas and often get free liquor in the evenings, and the breakfasts are really good.

That is all for now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. Welcome back!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys like Nickel Creek. My wife and I have loved them for years. Sorry, that has nothing to do with the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google